Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I believe in flying saucers, not in UFOs!!

When people ask me if I believe in UFOs, I have a difficult time answering that question.
The best answer that I can think of, when confronted with such a question is "yes, I believe that sightings of UFOs are reported from time to time".
That answer itself, however, is an incorrect answer because it (the fact that sightings of UFOs are reported from time to time) is not a matter of beliefs. It's fact, not fiction.

First of all, UFOs have nothing to do with beliefs.
A UFO simply means an Unidentified Flying Object.

Like it or not, it's a term which was coined by the U.S. Air Force in 1952.
It was a term created with good intention to clarify things.
But on the contrary, it has created misunderstandings and more confusion than ever.
The word has truly "muddied the waters", so to say.

(Here is a comment made on this by an Internet poster: "and the reason the USAF chose the term UFO was they had no intention to admit there were "flying saucers". The USAF always intended that any sightings be placed into cubbyholes of explanations where those who were sighting the UFO simply did not comprehend what natural phenomenon they were seeing...........to admit there were "flying saucers" would be for the USAF to admit the possibility of foreign, or alien, ability to enter our airspace and THEIR inability to prevent it.")

Things were much simpler, especially between 1947 and 1952 when these unknown objects were called "flying saucers" or "flying discs".
It was because the vast majority of such objects sighted then were disc-shaped.
I would venture to say that this is true even today.
(although there have been noticeable reports of sightings of triangular-shaped craft in the past couple of decades or so).

Nevertheless, by a strange coincidence, the vast majority of similar objects reportedly sighted around the world throughout the history of mankind has also been predominantly disc-shaped.

So when people ask me if I believe in UFOs, my answer is "No, I don't believe in UFOs, but I believe in flying saucers".
I wish that people will discontinue to use the word UFOs.

But it is also important to emphasize that just because one believes in the existence of flying saucers, it does not necessarily mean that he or she believes that flying saucers are physical, extraterrestrial spacecraft piloted or maneuvered by physical, extraterrestrial beings from some inhabited planets in distant space.
That should be a separate question.

First of all, in my opinion, no one knows for sure what flying saucers are or where they come from.
This is still a mystery.

There are millions of people who believe in the existence of flying saucers.
In this sense, flying saucers no doubt exist in a level of reality envisioned by the observers.
Anything that mankind imagines floats and exists on a surface of a level of reality envisioned by mankind.
For example, do "elves" exist? Do "demons" exist?
The answer is yes.
Any thought or concept or even a word that originates from a person begins to float and exist on the surface of a plane of reality.
The noticeable level of such reality becomes even greater when more people begin to envision a similar vision.
For example, if there are 500 people who have almost the exact mental picture of a flying saucer, let's say, its dimensions, exact shape, color, etc., that collective picture will begin to occupy a higher and more noticeable level of reality.
In other words, what I am trying to say is that there are many many levels of reality.
Unfortunately mankind only knows one level of reality, i.e., the reality of physical reality.

So, once again, let me clarify my position.
I am not ashamed to say that yes, I am a firm believer in the existence of flying saucers!!

P.S.

In 1975 I was living in Phoenix, Arizona.
I clearly remember one day in that year receivng from my mother a most interesting letter.
I could see her excitement in that letter.
She wrote to me in that letter saying that about 10 days before, she had distinctively observed a silvery, metallic "flying saucer"-shaped object (with a dome) hovering just above a crowded railway station in Yokohama, Japan.

It was in a broad daylight, around 11:30 a.m..
She described the object incredibly as a typical "flying saucer", just as "flying saucers" have always been depicted in comic books or in Sci-Fi movies.

She said in the letter that it happened when she and her grandson were walking away from the railroad station and walking towards home.
She felt as if "something had told her" to turn around and look back towards the railway station.
And, Lord, behold, right over the station, she suddenly saw this shiny, silverish, metallic, typical "flying saucer" with a dome hovering over!
She immediately pointed to her grandson to turn around and look, and at that very moment, the object was gone........vanished!
The street was filled with people coming from and going to the railway station.
She was so awe-struck that she didn't even notice anyone observing the object.

My mother had always been skeptical and always used to ridicule my serious interest in "UFOs".
(In my childhood years, I had always taken a great interest in "UFOs" or "flying sacuers", as they were called then, ever since my father had told me of his sighting of a strange, greenish "ball of fire" slowly moving over Yokohama bay one summer night in 1947, as he was night-fishing, his favorite hobby of many many years.
He swore that the object seemed as if it were "intelligently controlled" or "intelligently maneuvering".
He said he had never seen anything like it before. My father had passed away in 1982. My mother passed away in 1998.

But getting back to my mother, her amazing sighting totally made her a believer.
Do I believe in her sighting?
By all means, yes.
I have the highest respect for my mother and I totally believe what she said in the letter.
I visited my mother a few years later and she confirmed her sighting exactly as she wrote me.
There is no doubt in my mind that she did see what she said she saw.

Once again, do I believe in the existence of flying saucers?
Yes, no doubt about it.

-from Norio
http://noriohayakawa2012.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/norio.hayakawa

No comments: