Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tomas Scolarici's excellent article on Rational Ufology

E-mail =

Here is an excellent article on Rational Ufology, written by Tomas Scolarici.


by Tomas Scolarici
Sunday, July 24, 2011

What rational ufologists can do.

Question: is it possible to talk about Rational Ufology? The answer is YES.

Let us consider the following characteristics of the UFO phenomenon:

Since more than 90% of the sightings become identified flying objects, the remaining 10% of such sightings are a rare, infrequent occurrence.

After decades of research, it’s obvious for me, that there are not enough evidences to define the UFO as an extraterrestrial phenomenon. Extraterrestrial hypothesis, ETH, is just a theory but not a fact.

This ET meme wrongly suggests that the phenomenon must have an outcome, a finale: the contact between us and these hypothetical aliens.

However, UFO sightings are not a contemporary event but there are enough historical testimonies showing that there were always sightings, at least from the beginning of historical times.

This fact suggests that one of the characteristics of the UFO events is the lack of contact.

There never was and probably never will be any contact between us and the hypothetical ufonauts.

In other words contact is not one of the characteristics of the UFO phenomenon.

In fact the UFO mystery suggests the existence of a program, instead of the activities of biological entities.

In my perspective, the UFO phenomenon “behaves” as a computer program that, of course, we cannot understand. This program is doing his job, no matter what we believe or disbelieve.

False expectatives are negative and futile.

Now, if we consider the whole UFO phenomenon as a program, we cannot expect the fulfillment of our expectations, mostly products of science-fiction models.

Rational Ufology should remain aware of this rare phenomenon that cohabits with us in this planet Earth, and also analyze the sightings and the sociological and psychological impact of the UFO mystery in our human conscience.

That is why we are interested in fantasists, charlatans, neo-cultists and even borderline personalities.

This is what we can do, if we want to learn something about us and about the UFO Program.

Tomas Scolarici


Norio Hayakawa


by Norio Hayakawa:

My views on the UFO phenomenon are similar to those of Tomas Scolarici's and also to those of Dr. Jacques Vallee (and John A. Keel).

Here are some of my articles that I have written in the past couple of years on the topic of UFOs (and also some relevant items):

My perspective on the UFO phenomenon

Annie Jacobsen's book........AREA 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base

Albuquerque, New Mexico and UFO subculture

Enigmatic personalities behind the initial Dulce underground base rumors

Some old but fascinating reports from Dulce, New Mexico residents

The historic Dulce base conference in Dulce, New Mexico on March 29, 2009 !!

Nevada Test Site gets new name (N2S2)....its impact on Area 51 !!

Top Priority U.S. Military Report claims "Apocalyptic Christians" and the Second Coming of the Christ could pose a serious threat to world peace !!

The most spectacular UFO sighting in U.S. history: 1950 Farmington, New Mexico !!

Behind the mysterious crash of a helicopter near Area 51 in 1991

The strange behavior of Col. John Alexander in the early 1990s

The strange behavior of Bob Lazar (alleged former Area 51 "scientist")

William Cooper, a manipulated misinformant of the 90's?

My "connections" to Area 51

My visits with Lyndon LaRouche and Victor Marchetti in 1994