Friday, July 23, 2010

Positive aspects of beliefs in "UFOs" and some downsides to such beliefs

from Norio Hayakawa at Civilian Intelligence Central

E-mail = noriohayakawa@gmail.com


by Norio Hayakawa
July 23, 2010

It seems to me that many who believe in "UFOs" (that they are alien spacecraft piloted or maneuvered by aliens who are visiting us) tend to be, on the whole, spiritually-oriented.
(I know I am generalizing it and I could be wrong on this).

Their main focus in life doesn't seem to be concentrated in such things as acquisition of material wealth or power.
Their main focus seems to be in "living right" and in "searching for truth" to the best of their knowledge or ability.
To me this is good.
And they have something to look forward to in life.

Probably the biggest hope for those "die-hard" believers seems to be that one day (and most believers seem to hope for the imminent appearance of aliens in "UFOs") the aliens will openly land and will help us solve all the problems of this depressing and deteriorating world we are living in.
Of course there are some people who say that this kind of belief is almost equivalent to substituting "God" with "aliens").

Many of my friends (who are not into "UFOs") always tell me how envious they are about me because "you are interested in studying about "UFOs"...........you are lucky because you have such a wonderful dream in life".

I am not sure when they say things like this whether they are complimenting me or feeling sorry for me (as if I had lost my marbles and am living in a dream world). LOL!!

Moreover, this is the reality, that most people, such as one's friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc., do not talk about "UFOs" day in and night, much less talk about it AT ALL in daily life.

Those who claim to be in the "mainstream" (and claim to be in the "real world", which seems to be the bulk of the population) usually think you're a little weird for believing in "aliens" or taking an interest in the subject of "UFOs". (Even though they don't say so directly to you).

As soon as I mention "UFOs", they immediately assume that I am a believer in "aliens".
(They don't seem to be able to differentiate between studying about the UFO phenomenon and believing in "aliens").

Of course I must admit that there are also some downsides to believing in "UFOs".
There is always a danger of fanaticism that could lead "believers" towards isolationism or somewhat limited association with "normal" people.

(Although we do not even know for sure who is a "normal" person who leads a "normal" life).

Also, there is always a danger of paranoia.

For example, many conspiracy believers who start out by believing in one conspiracy theory, have a tendency to soon start ascribing every single thing that happens in this world to "conspiracies".

They begin to believe fanatically that everything is a "cover-up"!!

But I am so glad that I got myself involved in studying about the UFO phenomenon since I was a high school kid back in the early 1960's.
I have been researching this fascinating phenomenon for more than 45 years already!

Even though (despite my long years of research) I have no conclusive answers that I can offer to people about this strange phenomenon, I do not regret it at all because I can definitely say that this continues to be one of the most baffling mysteries of all time, especially of our time!!

http://noriohayakawa2012.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/norio.hayakawa

No comments: